Finance for nonfinancial managers
The goal of the workshop is to understand the financial basics and the most common key performance indicators. Participants get acquainted with financial basics – the result is the better understanding of financial reports.
During the business game the participants understand:
- how transactions are recorded in the income statement and balance sheet;
- the components of the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement;
- factors affecting cash flow;
- how the statements of cash flow are related to the income statement and balance sheet;
- key financial statement ratios;
- how to interpret budget to actual results and reflect changes in
- budget assumptions;
- what effect business decisions take on financial matters.
Factory® business game – to understand complex issues in a simple manner.
Using interactive learning materials we encourage participants to remain actively engaged throughout the entire course.
Learning by doing in teams guarantees a high and sustainable transfer of knowledge:
- work in small groups;
- short lectures on theoretic background;
- case analyses.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The workshop will be useful for:
- functional managers
- business area managers
- future managers
- sales experts
- colleagues from different functional areas (HR, IT, logistics etc.) who don’t have financial degrees.
PROGRAM OF THE SEMINAR
Introduction of the Business Game methodology (how to?)
- Stakeholders, market informations, financial statements
- 1. Quartal of the Game - Simulation Plenum
2-4. Quartals of the Game - Simulation in small groups
- Closing tasks, evaluation of financial performance
- Goal of Reporting, major components. Income Statement
- Focus on cash-flow & costs
- Elaboration of Balance Sheet
- Financial analysis methodologies, Key performance indicators
Action planning, financial impacts of decisions
- Simulation of the 2nd year in small groups
Interpretation of the financial performance of the second year
- Objectives. Managers influence on KPI’s, responsibility, incentive system
2-4. Planning of profit needed
- Improvement of the company’s performance
- Shareholder Value, EVA®
Investment calculation methods with examples (NPV, IIR)
- How to enhance the value of the company?
Simulation of the 3rd year in small groups
- Information sources for financial analysises
- Conclusions of the training
This workshop will be conducted in English.
Ukoliko ste zainteresirani za otvorenu edukaciju ispunite dolje navedena polja kako bismo Vas mogli pravovremeno obavijestiti o terminu održavanja. Ukoliko Vas pak ima više od petero, u mogućnosti smo doći k Vama i organizirati in-house edukaciju na željenu temu. Odaberite područje Vašeg interesa i kliknite na gumb pošalji.